- Shopify (NYSE:SHOP) has inked a deal with BuzzFeed in a development that could give publishers an alternative to Amazon and Walmart in generating affiliate revenue.
- Sources tell The Information that Shopify has also approached media companies such as Complex Networks and Vox Media.
- Under the program, publishers could link to Shopify merchants for a revenue cut.
- Shopify has been offering forms of affiliate marketing for years.
- Shares of Shopify are up 0.48% in early trading to $1,473.79. SHOP is up 29.6% YTD.
Shopify to give publishers a crack at affiliate marketing
Leave a comment